RE: CAT: iris addiction

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: CAT: iris addiction
  • From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 08:09:02 -0600 (MDT)

Anner, you explain it perfectly.  Given our limited space, and Sandy's
desire to try more species, our TB collection is going to be reduced and
limited to two beds.  One bed will be part of a border and will contain
old favourites.  The other bed will be to try new varieties that might
replace old favourites.  This bed also currently contains Siberians,
Japanese and species which will be expanded.  Another bed has been
overtaken by medians.  Arils have been introduced into the one garden
bed that had no irises.  Even the vegetable beds now have iris (Sandy's
seedlings).

It is an annual struggle every catalogue season.  What are we going to
dig up and how much more lawn will be dug.  When Ian Efford visited, he
did comment that we did have a little bit of lawn left to dig.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)