Re: HIST: POCAHONTAS, etc and Historics in Colorado

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: HIST: POCAHONTAS, etc and Historics in Colorado
  • From: JForte21 <JForte21@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 08:43:20 -0600 (MDT)

Thanks Shirlee and Anner for your descriptions of POCAHONTAS, SWERTI and
MADAME CHEREAU.  Maybe I can get them all to bloom at the same time next year
so I can make direct comparisons.  Or maybe I can find some of these in
Colorado.  Does anyone know of some significant historic plantings that we
might see on our bus tours?  I know Lowell Baumunk has a special collection of
40s irises; what else does he have?
Mary Forte, Atascadero, California where a few days ago ROMEO had five open
flowers on one bloom stalk all in great condition.  Beautiful.