Re:CAT: Schreiners web site

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re:CAT: Schreiners web site
  • From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:41:40 -0600 (MDT)

>I did a quick scan of this site - it has a large subset of the complete mail
>order catalog and good photo's. I don't have this years catalog, but in past
>years they have offered a "deal" where the buyer earned bonus dollars after
>a certain amount ($80 ?), any ways this significantly reduced the cost per
>iris when making a fairly large order.

Better than a significant reduction, Chad--as I recall, once you pass $80
in face value, all iris ordered as individual plants are half price.  In
other words, for $40 you get $80 worth of iris, for $50, $100, and so on.
Collections are already about half of buying the varieties separately.  And
in the print catalog, every tall bearded variety offered is illustrated.
They do not illustrate all of their median and dwarf
 lists, and these varieties are not included in the half-price deal.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
FAX (804)223-6374

"Synthetic Rubber Movie to be Shown to Lions Today"
--headline in the June 17, 1944, edition of the Farmville Herald.