Re: HYB/REB: Black rebloomers

Hi Chad,
Currently Holy Night, Ravenwood and Winesap are the darkest reliable
rebloomers.  Ravenwood is an older formed iris, Holy Night is my favorite
of the three (just my opinion)
We are introducing one in 1999 (English Knight) that is much
darker than Holy Night and is a rebloomer.  Blackout has never rebloomed
for us.  I have never had a good cross come out of a red black and a purple
black, it also seems to be very hard to get these crosses to set pods.  We
have a black SA seedling on our website if you want to take a look
http://www.suttoniris.com/past.html   it's in the future catagory under
dark SA and is not the blue color that shows up but a much darker purple..
Oh by the way, we have registered one called BYE BYE BLACKBIRD, it's darker
then Hello Darkness but is a poor grower and only reblooms every other
year. :((     We are working on it hard though, I have several pods set on
Miss Porterville X Hello Darkness, hopefully we will see some nice stuff
out of this.  (Miss Porterville bloomed for 10 months last year)  I know
this probably wasn't a lot of help but I thought I'd put my two cents worth

Mike Sutton
Porterville, CA USDA zone 8/9
Where we still have TB bloom and high temperatures that are 30 to 40
degrees below average.
visit our web site at http://www.suttoniris.com