Re: CAT: iris addiction

Hi Tammy,
My iris purchases divide into 3 categories:
1. Must haves - these are a very limited number (say 5 or 6) of
expensive irises that I am prepared to pay full price for, which I will
use for hybridising. I get these from the source that will send me the
best quality rz's. I usually get good free gifts with these.
2. Collectors - 'Tried and True' popular varieties that I would like, I
get these from cheaper sources, or swaps with other growers.
3. Suprises - I order a 'swag bag' from Blyths which will have at least
a couple of new releases that I would 'die for' and these will often
have a catalogue value equivalent to what you spent. The rest is a
bonus. These are usually the better growers, that's why they have plenty
to sell cheap.
I write out long lists over the winter, and work at reducing them to the
'bare essentials'. Educating the kids (and straightening there teeth)
are higher priority than irises here too.
Jan Clark, in Australia