Blue Grass Iris Society's Show

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Blue Grass Iris Society's Show
  • From: Tmilchh@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 21:05:14 -0600 (MDT)

Dear Mark Cook,
     Our show was late in the season , however,  the water iris you gave me
last September, "Gerald Darby" came in "First-runner-up" to the "Best
Specimen" in the show. It just opened the morning of the show with one open
bud on top and had branching and 7 buds visible. I won a beautiful crystal
candy dish with a large crystal lid. Thanks for the iris.
      Both pseudocorus, you gave me bloomed, however the judges wouldn't
believe that the light greenish yellow called Moonbean was registered and so
it was disqualified. The white one was not as good a specimen so I didn't take
it to the show. Also Gerald Darby had another bloom spike, but not as many
blooms. Feedback also bloomed for me but none of the other TB's you gave me
bloomed. I'm expecting a great fall showing though.
     Thanks again for the iris. We missed you at the Show!
                        Annette Milch     Lexington, Kentucky     (zone 5/6)
                        TMilchh@aol.com