Re: HIST: Dauntless

Tammy King wrote:
> Well, I checked the site to compare, and it definitely is NOT
> Dauntless...mine has a much yellower shoulder, and more striping. Somehow I
> don't think I'll ever really know what it is.

Don't be so sure that yours is not Dauntless.  I looked at the pic on
the HIPS site and it is much, much darker than it blooms in my CA
garden.  Also mine shows more haft veining than the HIPS picture.  I
will analyze it more closely tomorrow and see what other unique
features  I can come up with.  I will also take a good closeup picture
of it and send it to you.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California...many Historics still blooming including Swertii and
Madame Chereau.
Zone 8