Re: Iris ensata

>Can anyone help me out with a local grower of Japanese iris in the Northern
>New Jersey area, or Southern New York west of the Hudson.

Hey Burt... I know one who's in southern NY, west of the Hudson and east of
the Niagara <BG>.... Anna Rettig.  Anna is in her 80's, still has a strong
German accent even though she came to this country as a young woman, and she
hybridizes exquisite Japanese Irises.  Her most famouse (in this mind, anyway)
is NIAGARA POWER, a steely gun-metal blue 3 fall, with magenta standards and
magenta lines shot through the falls.

Her introductions follow local history and sites.... GRAND ISLAND (a large
white, and also a local island), STELLA NIAGARA (a blue with white star and
also a college).  Her one detour has been at my urging... ANNA ANGEL WINGS, a
beautiful huge white with flaring falls.

Anna is a very special person to me as well and for anyone who thinks it's too
late to do something, Anna introduced her first JI at the tender age of 79!

Kathy Guest
E. Aurora, NY - where I have enormous buds on ROSEWATER and it just better not
bloom while I'm in Denver!!!