Re: Blue Grass Iris Society's Show

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Blue Grass Iris Society's Show
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 13:15:25 -0600 (MDT)

Annette
>      Our show was late in the season , however,  the water iris you gave
me
> last September, "Gerald Darby" came in "First-runner-up" to the "Best
> Specimen" in the show. It just opened the morning of the show with one
open
> bud on top and had branching and 7 buds visible. I won a beautiful
crystal
> candy dish with a large crystal lid. Thanks for the iris.

     Congratulations.  GERALD DARBY did not like Florida.  Too much Iris
versicolor in its parentage I guess.  Who won the other classes and with
what Irises?

>       Both pseudocorus, you gave me bloomed, however the judges wouldn't
> believe that the light greenish yellow called Moonbean was registered and
so
> it was disqualified.

     Did you show them the 1995 R&I book?  The name of the Iris is KENTUCKY
MOONBEAM.  Someone got a Blue Ribbon with it at a Tennessee Show.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.