<< We had "Rosy Wings" in our garden in the 60s, and it was, without question,
 the most susceptible cultivar--in my memory-- to leaf spot.  (I know, I
 know, it was a Dykes Winner, but good riddance, the market works, etc.) >>

Odd. I haven't heard a spot susceptibility remarked upon around here. The
Dykes we, in this neck of the woods, say is prone to leafspot is DREAM LOVER.

ROSY WINGS ( Gage '35) is a handsome iris.

For those of you who are interested in checking it out for yourself, it is
available this year from: Argyle Acres, Holly Lane, Iris City, O'Brien,
Newburn's, Sourdough, Superstition, Willow Bend, and several others.
Lorraine's of this list will also probably have it this year. Winterberry
offerred it last year and I am confident will do so again when the stocks
build back up.

Check the HIPS page at http://www.worldiris.com/ and pop on over to the source
listing area for full particulars on these and other fine sources of historic

Anner Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society, AIS
HIPSource@aol.com, Henryanner@aol.com