REB: Recurring Dream

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: REB: Recurring Dream
  • From: "J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey" <storey@aristotle.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 16:54:54 -0600 (MDT)

Fellow listers, a few months back, Rick Tasco praised RECURRING DREAM as an
outstanding rebloomer. I wish to second his assessment.

The start of RD sent last summer by Superstition came into bloom over the
weekend. One very thick, tall, curved but upright stalk, branching three
times and bearing 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 ... 12 buds.

These are opening two at a time, with successive flowers waiting patiently
for each predecessor to fail before they unfurl. Big, fragrant purple
flowers, some held a little sessile for comfort but all of excellent
substance and attractively shaped.

I am not a raving fan of purple selfs, but I must say the sight of this
mass of purple behind the tawny blooms of spindly "ditch" daylilies in a
nearby bed makes me stop and sigh every time I pass.

Two increases show no warning signs of overanxious, early bloom; so we have
a future to look forward to with this agreeable plant.

Very nice, Mr. Hager!

Little Rock, Arkansas, USDA Zone 7b
257 feet above sea level,
average rainfall about 50 inches (more than 60" in '97)
average relative humidity (at 6 a.m.) 84%.
moderate winters, hot summers ... but lots of seesaw action in all seasons