Re: HIST: Dauntless

Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan wrote:

> I will analyze it more closely tomorrow and see what other unique
> features  I can come up with.  I will also take a good closeup picture
> of it and send it to you.

Tammy,

Another aid in identifying unknown iris is purple based foliage (PBF)
and Dauntless has it.  Not as strong as some and being of a red-purple
coloration.  I checked the look-alikes, Indian Chief and Rosy Wings, at
least IMO on first observation they look alike, and they DO NOT have
PBF.  Our Dauntless came from what some people would call a reliable
source, the HIPS ID Chairman Phil Edinger.

I could not take a picture today for as you probably know it poured
today and is still raining.  Close to .50 inches.  I will try again
tomorrow.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California...where our high today was 56F, 30 degrees below
normal.
Zone 8