Re: Show Results?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Show Results?
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 21:41:13 -0600 (MDT)

Annette,
>      Here are the results of the Blue Grass Iis Society's Show held May
23,
> 1998:
> Rita Adkins received: Best Specimen of the show for the Siberian Iris,
> "Cambridge",

     If I am correct, this is the first time that the Best Specimen of Show
has been something other than a Tall Bearded Iris.  I am glad it was Rita,
because of her interest in Siberians.

>      2nd Best Youth was awarded to Victoria Adkins for the Siberian iris
> "Ewen"

     Have you heard how that piece of the MTB CAROLYN ROSE I gave Victoria
is doing?  If you have, reply off list.
     With so few Awards being given, were there few Irises blooming, or was
there a big storm?

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida     [Iris tridentata about to bloom some more.]