Re: Re: CULT: Dykes winners, performing poorly

In a message dated 11/1/00 1:09:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, rainacre@aol.com
writes:

<< The 50 foot row in question was the year of introduction not the
 year it was up for the award. >>
 Yes, that is true, but people remember.  And I remember telling Ben Hager
that Edith Wolford was the first iris in that color pattern that I liked.

We gave up quite a few years ago trying to have all the Dykes Medal winners.
One that we kept planting and having it die was Swan Ballet.  The last time
it died was when our garden was to be on tour for the Region Six Spring
Meeting.  I bought a white plastic iris stem and stuck it in the ground by
the Swan Ballet tag.  More people took pictures of the plastic iris than they
did of real iris blooms.  And I still have the plastic iris.

Dorothy Willott

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/973060123/