Re: Re: HYB:Side Branch Anomaly & Poor Dykes

> If the first bloom opened on a branch, then the terminal would follow
> for bloom two. By the time the second terminal opened first terminal
> would have faded. On the other hand, the first bloom on the branch
> would have faded also and the first bloom from the second branch
> should have opened. On the other hand I've had a few Best of Shows and
> didn't pay a bit of attention to the sequence. When I cut a stalk, it
> looks balanced or it will not be going to the show. Fred Kerr
> California zone 9

     I hardly ever display anything that has had a flower to fold.
I hold the bloom back in the refrigerator for as much as ten days.

	When I won QOS on BOOGIE WOOGIE, it had been in the
refrigerator probably ten days.  This was the only time BW did
anything for me, another one some thought Dykes worthy. As a
QOS,  BW was grown in my garden about 125 miles away from my
current garden.  It is an IB here.  Also, at the Texas convention, it
didn't seem to be shouting at anybody and it was short with small
flowers.

	On this Dykes thread, it appears another Space Ager,
MESMERIZER, could be the next Dykes. This would be three for
Monty.  The best has been saved for last!

     CONJURATION is horribly out of proportion here, and as it
performs in my garden, it is not of Dykes quality because of its
gangly nature and inability to have consistent horns.  The  small
flowers appear on towering stalks.  I have put it in some poor soil to
see if it can shorten itself and look more in proportion.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/973085399/