Re: Re: HYB: Introductions for variety of bloom

In a message dated 10/31/00 1:13:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net writes:

<<  Edith Wolford bloomed out for me two years ago, and I won't replace it.
Rick Ernst's Thrillseeker has an almost identical flower and has no problems
growing here in the heat. >>
  I'm thinking that the reason above is why similar irises (in color pattern
for instance) are introduced...along with the time of the season that they
may bloom, i.e. an early bloomer introduced, then a similar iris that's a
late bloomer.    Or that if one tends to prefer a colder climate (as
evidenced by the above excerpt) then one of a similar pattern would be
introduced as a warmer climate bloomer.
Gives us all a chance to grow that rainbow effect no matter where we
live...ain't irises grand?

Janet Natale
zone 8 of SC, decidedly warmer and watching BLATANT put on a show long with

eGroups eLerts