Re: TB: REB: Byers Irises.

Mark ,

I'm not in the South East but I kept ISTANBUL in a 2L cut off plastic
coke bottle indoors over the winter on a window ledge in the dining room
where it was never exposed to temps less than 60F.  It managed to bloom
very nicely in July after being planted out in the garden in the Spring.
I'd guess that you'd have absolutely no problem getting it to bloom for
you in a pot.  ISTANBUL is one of those irises that I had to stare at on
and off for two weeks before I decided that I really liked it. Good Luck

Zone 5

BigAlligator@aol.com wrote:
>      Since some of Byers Rebloomers are showing some hint of promise in pot
> culture here, I wonder how well suited EGYPTIAN, ISTANBUL, and LICHEN are for
> the southeast.  Has anyone in the southeast, especially in climate that
> support alligators, tried these three Irises?
> Mark A. Cook
> BigAlligator@aol.com
> Dunnellon, Florida.

eGroups eLerts