Re: TB: REB: Byers Irises.

I know this is not the info Mark was asking for but I just wanted to make a
comment.  I was out looking around my iris beds yesterday and noticed that
the most vigorous healthy clumps were Monty Byers' introductions.
Reincarnation, Godsend, Egyptian, Thornbird, and Conjuration are all
EXCEPTIONAL growers here, standing out amongst the rest.  The only other iris
that compares in vigor is Local Color (Keppel, 1996).  Most of my other
irises seem to be average growers but these varieties are really putting out
the growth and their leaves are taller and broader than any others out there
right now.  I think I will look at add more Byers irises to my garden as they
seem to perform very well here.  I guess Mesmerizer should be on my list of
gotta gets....

Linda Doffek
West Bend, Wisconsin, USA       USDA zone 5
Member AIS, MIS, TBIS, and Wisconsin Iris Society