Cult: Alien invaders vs natives

	The post with the reference to "aliens" reminded me I have a question to
ask. This week while looking for one thing I tripped over a government of
Canada website calling Iris Pseudacorus an invasive alien invader. A
different government website listed a native iris as endangered [I think it
was something like lake iris or great lakes iris]. Now I know they didn't
mean they would invade my garden. Actually they are likely more worried about
the stuff escaping my garden.

	Getting to my question. Are there any native irises that I should consider
growing? Things that are in trouble ? If so what are the best safe sources?
[Not stuff stolen from natural growing areas]  I'm most interested in
something that would be native for the great lakes area. I figure there are
enough aliens in my garden and a little space given over to natives won't
kill me.

	Thanks
	Nick

	PS if it grows under partial shade under sumacs that would solve two
problems-)

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/973366985/