CULT:Kentucky Rebloom

                                       Display Garden Bloom Report
Bowling Green Kentucky

I've been really busy and haven't visited our local display garden at the
Natcher School, over on Cave Mill Road, in about a month.  We are way behind
on rain, but the little bit we've had was spaced out.  To my knowledge, the
garden got no supplemental water.  Last night, I was told that there were
several irises in bloom there.  As I was driving up today, I was surprised at
the number of stalks. The display garden is divided into four sections with a
path running down the middle and across the center.  One section has a full
row of rebloomers with most of them in bloom.  Several of these stalks won't
bloom before the freeze.  Still, it's an awesome sight!  The following irises
have stalks:

    8 stalks- Pink Attraction (Hall)
    3 stalks-Clarence (gooorgeeouus!) (Zurbrigg)
    5 stalks-Feedback (Hager)
    7 stalks-Harvest of Memories (Zurbrigg)
    6 stalks-Violet Returns, several had apparently bloomed early in the
season.  (Hall)
    5 stalks-Renown (Zurbrigg)
    4 stalks-Winterland (Byers)
    2 stalks-Spirit of Fiji (Zurbrigg)
    4 stalks-Rebound (brownish red on cream plicata, displaying a perfect
show stalk today!!-Wilkerson 96)
    9 stalks-Earl of Essex (Zurbrigg) parent of Rebound
    9 stalks-Tea Leaves (Byers)
    2 stalks-Corn Harvest (Can't remember)
    3 stalks-Summer Olympics (Smith)
    10 stalks-Blue Moonlight (Byers)
    10 stalks-Bridge In Time (white with up to 13 blooms per stalk! Wilkerson
95)

Scattered throughout the rest of the garden were the following:

    2 stalks-City Lights (Dunn)
    3 stalks-Elainalope (Kasperek sp??)
    2 stalks-Afternoon Delight . . . not showing color yet and I can't be
sure it is as marked.  (Ernst)
    1 stalk-Returning Chameleon . . . planted this summer/won't have time to
bloom before the freeze. (Wilkerson 95) Child of Immortality.
    1 stalk-Immortality having trouble getting established.  Will not bloom
before freeze. (Zurbrigg) Parent of Bridge In Time.

With a few exceptions, these were planted during the fall of 1998.  Several
have been thinned out, but not dug, to fill orders from the garden.  Gee, I
hope people are stopping by and writing down names.

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/973378368/