Re: Re: CULT: TB: REB: Byers Irises.

Linda, I hope you don't kill MESMERIZER.  I'm having enough trouble trying to keep it alive.  When I dug the two year clump this fall, I found only a half dozen tiny rhizomes.  By the time I could replant them, they didn't have any fans at all.  I replanted them anyway, and they are starting to grow, so I'll have at least one more year to baby it.  My second clump, first year clump, doesn't look very thriving, but at least it didn't rot as half the other irises in that row did.  I hope it blooms because the flower is like a beautiful bridal gown.
Francelle Edwards now at a mountain cabin near Prescott  zone 6  where the irises are hunkering down for winter.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: linda Mann
  To: iris-talk
  Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2000 3:14 AM
  Subject: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: TB: REB: Byers Irises.

  Thanks Mark - I haven't tried any of those - will add them to my wish
  list.  And I guess as a professed iris torturer, even tho I'm not all
  that excited about space age irises, I should see if I can kill
  MESMERIZER too.

  Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

  > LICHEN, EGYPTIAN, and ISTANBUL did very well even with late freezes in
  >               Lexington, KY.  That is part of what renewed my interest in those cultivars.
  >               While not a rebloomer, MESMERIZER was also great in Kentucky.

        eGroups Sponsor

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/973390052/