Re: CULT: Enhanced germination

>Hello Folks,
>
>Correction!
>
>>There has been one seed (ANACRUSIS X DESERT PLUM) of five seeds
>>sprout.  It pushed the seed out of the perlite and the root made a big
>>loop in the air. I transplanted this one to a 3 inch pot and put it all in
>>baggy.  Today it has grown to about an inch tall and looks very good.
>>My first seedling with an arilbred parent.....two arilbred parents even.
>
>This should have stated my first seedling with and arilbred POD parent.
>Having a TB as the pod parent using arilbred pollen has been a lot easier
>to come by!

I have had success with pure arils, 1/2-breds, and 1/4-breds as pod parent.
If you make enough crosses you're bound to have some of them take.  Satan's
Mistress (quarterbred) makes a great parent on both sides.

>Anyone have any ideas when I could safely take the baby out of the
>bag?  It seems to be doing pretty well encased in a plastic house, but
>at some point I know it needs to come out.

Once it is a few inches tall it should be large enough & strong enough to
quit being pampered.  That's my guess, anyway.  The only technique I've
ever tried is raising them in pots outdoors exposed to the elements
year-round.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6
http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html