TB: CULT: Dykes medal winners

This is Carney's corner - again!

About 1995 my husband and I purchased about all of the Dykes irises.
It seems that since then I have noticed that many of the older ones
bloom extremely well one year and very poorly the next.  It is as if
they need a year to recuperate.  It has been very obvious with some
of the earliest such as - SAN FRANCISCO, DAUNTLESS, RAMESIS, COPPER
LUSTRE, THE RED DOUGLAS, OLA KALA, HELEN MCGREGOR, BABBLING BROOK,
VANITY, RUFFLED BALLET, GREAT LAKES, ROSY WINGS and VICTORIA FALLS.

A good friend of mine and I had discussed this recently.  She is in
the same zone and feels somewhat the same way.  Most of these plants
were purchased from Washington State and seemed to acclimate quite
well.

Carol Ann
Northern Middle Tennessee - Zone 6

eLerts