HIST:REB?:INDIAN CHIEF

Yesterday I noticed 3 bloomstalks (they really do spring
up suddenly!)in a barrel and a 20" pot, which supposedly contain
Indian Chief and one plant of an UNKNOWN-purple (also historic)(the
marker for the UNK got lost).  Since there are 3 bloomstalks and I'm
pretty darn sure there is only one purple, 2 are Indian Chief.  I've
grown this since 1992 when I got it from my parents' house (couldn't
save the 1848 house, but got some of the iris!), and never known it
to rebloom.  I don't recall it reblooming in Rumson, NJ (zone 6/7),
didn't rebloom in Pasadena/Los Angeles (zone 9), and hasn't yet
rebloomed in the San Francisco Bay area (zone 9).

These rhizomes were divided and replanted fall 1999. There was
good bloom in 1999.  Spring 2000 was a very low bloom spring here
(all over Alameda and I think a greater area), and these rhizomes
didn't bloom. (It wasn't just that they were recently divided -- 2000
was extremely low bloom around here, not just for me).  We just last
week had terrific rainstorms and things are pretty soaked.

Has anyone else seen rebloom in INDIAN CHIEF?  (or have aliens moved
in alien rebloomers?).  -- Gesine

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/973488020/