Re: Re: CULT - mulch or not

In a message dated 11/8/00 8:07:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
irislady@northcoast.com writes:

<< Does anyone out there who lives in the deep south know whether TBs should
be
 mulched with pine straw?  My aunt lives in Hattiesburg and I told her I
 would try to find out for her since we would never do that here in coastal
 northern Califonia. >>

Betty,
      Since I have to grow my few TB Irises in pots, my "guess" is that
mulching them like that in Mississppi would not be a good idea.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida.

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/0/_/486170/_/973733040/