Hi Patricia,

     I don't know about the Keppel IB's, but Lo Ho Silver has been most
reluctant to cross with.  I have only managed to get a handful of pods on Lo
Ho Silver in many attempts.  What pods I have gotten have had very low seed
counts and the germination has been poor.  Having said that, there is a
difference between low fertility and infertility and Lo Ho Silver while
difficult does have some fertility.  Work with Lo Ho might be slow, but
still worthwhile so don't be discouraged if you feel you would like to work
with it.  Good luck to you.

Michael Gullo
West Walworth, NY,USA
zone 6

patriciabrooks@coupeville.net wrote:

> Hey, gang,
> Has anyone had any fertility experience with Keppel's two IBs DUBLIN
> ('98) and DONEGAL ('97)?  Their photos look like great pinks and good
> for my hybridizing project of breeding pinks without tangerine
> beards, though the beards aren't visible.  Any hands-on experience
> with trying to cross them, or up-close-and-personal with their beards?
> I also hear lots of raves about LOW HO SILVER from iris-talkers.  Has
> anyone tried to cross it?
> Patricia
> patriciabrooks@coupeville.net
> Whidbey Island, WA, zone 8?