OT - fund raising at the regional level

Hi, Folks,

While there is this lull on the list, I'd like to pose a question I've had
in mind since I attended my first regional iris meeting this fall.  I had
gone there (Albany, New York) mainly to take advantage of two judges
training classes being offered by Lynda Miller on MTB's and honors and
awards, but, horrors, I found myself agreeing to help come up with creative
ways of fund raising at the regional level!

Some of you may know that the Empire State Iris Society is in the process of
officially becoming Region 2; please ask someone other than me to explain
this to you -- I'm new to all of it and have no clue -- but it does mean
that Region 2 needs to raise its own money.  If I'm wrong about this,
please, Peter, Donna, Joanne, others, don't hang me or anything -- I'm
trying to understand. (grin, grin!)

Anyway, I know about raising funds through auctions and raffles -- it's the
"creative" part that I find challenging.  I would love to hear (I'm begging,
actually) from those of you who have dealt with this yourselves.  What are
some of the things you've done to help finance regional newsletters and any
other activities?

Incidentally, I had an absolutely wonderful time at my first regional
meeting.  I was warmly greeted with a hug from Donna James, and in truth, it
was delightful to have been made to feel so welcome by everyone there and to
be given a part in the fun.  Not only that, but Lynda's training sessions
are the laugh-and-learn variety that are so enjoyable while still conveying
all the necessary information .

I'm looking forward to hearing from you experienced fund-raisers out there .
. .

Betty Schnellinger, Western New York Iris Society

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/974218239/