RE: Re: HYB: Selection Ratios

> I for one would be VERY interested in the differences you found in
> this regard with line breeding vs. wide crosses.  The consensus seems
> to favor the former, but the latter interests me more.  Without 40
> more years to spend at hybridizing, though, what do you think my
> chances are
>
> Patricia Brooks
> patriciabrooks@coupeville.net

	I agree about being more interested in wide crosses.  It may be
easier to achieve unique combinations of characteristics than to produce
subtle improvements on inbred strains.  Too bad I didn't save pollen from a
reblooming flounced plicata seedling with overlapping falls a few weeks ago.
I see a hint of stalk formation on Anaconda Love.  Now THAT would be
interesting.  Just looking at all the new shoots poking out from my Spirit
World x Epicenter cross.  YES!!!!

	John Reeds, in sunny southern California, where Stingray and
Reincarnation are still going strong and Double Agent has 3 stalks ready to
open.

	jreeds@microsensors.com

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/974307150/