Re: HYB: Selection Ratios

<I agree about being more interested in wide crosses. >

Me too - I don't know if it's true or not, but I keep thinking about
vigor and wide crosses in TBs being a mechanism for linking vigor from
one line with greater diversity of colors and patterns in another line.
So I won't make crosses, for example, of a vigorous purple or black iris
that only has purple/black ancestors or of a yellow that has only yellow
ancestors.  I mention those two colors because they are two that seem to
have several tough growing mid- to late-blooming cultivars already (for
my soil and climate).

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/974324982/