OT-BIO: Jody Nolin

Hi!
Been growing iris only about 4 years, learning to deal with clay soil
and borers.  I'm originally from New Hampshire where neither were a
problem.
I'm just starting to get into beardless.  I put in my first LAs this
year, and had my first Japanese bloom last spring.
As far as my taste in iris, it's for the dramatic.  I don't have many
pinks, but lots of gold/maroon/mulberry.  At the spring region 6
meeting, I was knocked out by Classic Suede, Persian Wood and
Frostbite.
I've gotten involved in our local society, which needs some
revitalizing.  I've gone to a couple of regional meetings and had a
wonderful time at each one.
I had a bad case of 'author syndrome' when meeting hybridizers for
the first time.  I got all tongue-tied.  I think I got over it when
Brad Kasperek yelled to me across the park "Are you making trouble
again?"  How'd he figure me out so fast?   ;-)
I'm an obsessive list and spreadsheet maker, so I've got the data on
my collection all organized.  Now if the rhizomes would just stay in
one place....
I've already convinced my husband that we need more land.  His lawn
has been disappearing steadily for the last 3 years as new iris beds
take over.
I was SO relieved to read the threads about Dykes winners dying.
Iris are so tough in general that I thought I was killing them.
I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you!

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/974327188/