Re: HYB: beginners and Selection Ratios

In a message dated 11/15/2000 4:24:47 PM Central Standard Time, lmann@icx.net
writes:

> Or is there some sense that any iris worthy of introduction
> <should> be worthy of an award?

Linda,

Like everything else, that depends on who you are talking to.  I would say
no, but there are many others that would disagree.  I think a person can
introduce whatever they want, for whatever reason they want to.

Personally, I was so thrilled to have my theory proven correct (in my
eyes--and I submit the 10+ stalks on one clump of BRIDGE IN TIME that bloomed
in Warren County KY this fall. ) that I was in a rush to share the news with
others interested in the same goals, rebloom in non coastal areas.  Part of
my intent was, and is, to share the gene pool.  Some are award material and
others would be questionable.  Still they are a step forward in the rebloom
quest.

Your goal would be a little different, but just as worthy.

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/974332076/