Re: AB: Recommendations (was HYB: Selection Ratios)

>   Sharon,
>          I just visited your updated website, and I have never
>seen so much information on Arils and Arilbreds in one place!
>For someone who has only one AB (El Mohr), what would be your
>suggestion for seven other cultivars?  And the source(s)?
>    -Jim Kulbacki
>    Lake Orion, MI (zone 6)

Here are some that have grown well for me in Cincinnati, Ohio:

Aril Reverie (OGB-, Walter Moores, 1990)
Esther the Queen (OGB, Eugene Hunt, 1967)
Fourteen for Rachel (OGB, Eugene Hunt, 1977)
Green Eyed Sheba (OGB-, Carl Boswell, 1984)
Jewel of Omar (OB-, Carl Boswell, 1986)
Jeweled Veil (OB+, Lois Rich, 1978)
Omar's Torch (OB-, Carl Boswell, 1986)
Opals for Ethel (OB-, Sharon McAllister, 1983)
Sajjetta (OGB-, Barry Blyth, 1994)
Satan's Mistress (RB-, Paul Seligmann, 1983)
She Devil (OB-, Paul Black, 1996)
Solomon's Shield (OGB+, Eugene Hunt by Sharon McAllister, 1985)

I have lots others but the are too new for me to recommend (or not
recommend as the case may be).

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6