Re: Re: HYB: Selection Ratios

> From: patriciabrooks@coupeville.net
> Thanks, Betty,
> Your info and that passed on from Ben Hager will be very valuable to
> my project.  It pushed me over the edge in my planning for next
> year's purchases.  I will now plan to order only pinks, including
> some pink-background or pink/rose-marked plicatas and glaciatas.  You
> may have saved me years of discouragement!

To follow up on Betty's comments, you might want to look up Ben Hager's
article on "Pink Color in Irises", which was published in the special 75th
Anniversary issue of the AIS Bulletin in 1995. It is the most concise
review of the breeding of pink irises from the beginning up to the time of
publication that I am aware of. You might also want to review the
discussions of the genetics of the plicata locus and its four alleles
(non-plicata, plicata, luminata, and glaciata) that have occurred on this
list in the Mallorn Archives. Try a search on "glaciata" and see what turns

eGroups eLerts