Re: HYB: tangerine factor

Hi Patricia,

Looking for pinks w/o the tangerine beards is a great goal. I think they clash also.  I do like the shrimp pink beards on pinks - good contrast , but in the same color family.

In my seedlings that maiden bloomed this past spring was one apparent SDB that really surprised me... It was a light pink with a white beard and a thin white dagger under the beard.  In looking thru my notes, I see no mention of any tangerine in the throat.   This was a cross between  LEVITY(pod), Aitken '91, a steel blue and white traditional plicata IB with deep violet beards and SUMMER SILK(pollen), Gibson '71, a soft orange-buff glaciata TB with red-orange beards.  Pink was the last thing I expected. But this goes to show there is something to the glaciata/plicata pink theory.  Hopefully, the bloom will get more substance this year, it took after Dad in that area.  It also bloomed late in our season, end of April , so the heat did not help.  Both parents are early mid season bloomers. I expect this one to move back a bit as it gets its legs.

Good luck with your program, and keep us  (the list) advised of your progress.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/974386631/