Re: OT-BIO: Jody Nolin

Jody, where do you live?  What climate zone?  You sound like a very enthusiastic iris grower.  Welcome to Iris-talk.
Francelle,  Glendale, AZ  zone 9, where we've been having freezes for a week.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jody Nolin
  To: iris-talk@egroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 3:26 PM
  Subject: [iris-talk] OT-BIO: Jody Nolin

  Been growing iris only about 4 years, learning to deal with clay soil
  and borers.  I'm originally from New Hampshire where neither were a
  I'm just starting to get into beardless.  I put in my first LAs this
  year, and had my first Japanese bloom last spring.
  As far as my taste in iris, it's for the dramatic.  I don't have many
  pinks, but lots of gold/maroon/mulberry.  At the spring region 6
  meeting, I was knocked out by Classic Suede, Persian Wood and
  I've gotten involved in our local society, which needs some
  revitalizing.  I've gone to a couple of regional meetings and had a
  wonderful time at each one.
  I had a bad case of 'author syndrome' when meeting hybridizers for
  the first time.  I got all tongue-tied.  I think I got over it when
  Brad Kasperek yelled to me across the park "Are you making trouble
  again?"  How'd he figure me out so fast?   ;-)
  I'm an obsessive list and spreadsheet maker, so I've got the data on
  my collection all organized.  Now if the rhizomes would just stay in
  one place....
  I've already convinced my husband that we need more land.  His lawn
  has been disappearing steadily for the last 3 years as new iris beds
  take over.
  I was SO relieved to read the threads about Dykes winners dying.
  Iris are so tough in general that I thought I was killing them.
  I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you!

        eGroups Sponsor

eGroups eLerts