Hi All,

Looking for collective wisdom OR selective genius!  LOL  I have a great
reblooming seedling in two shades of purple.  It bloomed last fall and again
this fall, with 4 or 5 stalks.  I know it has viable pollen since I've both
seedlings and seed from it.  Two sibs have also rebloomed.  One bitone and
another which is a redish purple self with purpleish blue beard.  I would
like to use the best and most vigorous of the three to breed other shades and

One direction I want to work in is the variegata.  I will use CHINESE NEW
YEAR & IDOL, which Joe Ghio said were blooming most of this summer in CA.
They are 1st year plants and may not produce pollen.

Anyone have a suggestion for other variegatas to add to my program?  Jan
keeps showing BLATANT and reminds me that I've not done much work in this

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true.

eGroups eLerts