Re: HYB:Variegatas

My only inspired suggestion is to hunt for variegatas with a lot of
WHOLE CLOTH in their pedigrees (NOT its sibs - TOLL GATE didn't grow
worth a dime here).  Give you both the bicolor and an outside chance,
maybe, potential for rebloom (at least I think that's what folks were
saying on list about the reichenbachii in the PROGENITOR pedigree way
back in the early days).  Check the archives in Mallorn?

<Anyone have a suggestion for other variegatas to add to my program? >

I have a very vigorous weed that I used to think might be VIGILANTE that
I will donate & let you figure out what it is for sure <g>.  Blooms
midseason, so often gets crisped a bit here by late frosts, but usually
manages a good show anyway.

LIASON & CAMELOT ROSE (not exactly variegatas, but isn't that the same
locus with recessive pink instead of yellow?) (& you said you wanted
more colors)...

I tried to make some crosses on that fiercely weedy variegata HOLD THAT
TIGER last year with no success.  That old kitty may be too doggy for
you.  I think I tried to cross it with IMMORTALITY or maybe HARVEST OF
MEMORIES, but it was late in the season & no luck.  I have no idea
whether or not it is fertile.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

eGroups eLerts