Brad:  Welcome to the iris-talk.  Where are you in So. Dakota?  I'm in NW Iowa, just 14 mi. from the SD line, so we may be neighbors.  Every year at iris digging time I give away dozens and dozens of rhizomes (for iris they are rhizomes, by the way, not bulbs) and am always looking for people to be recipients.  Would be glad to hand over a lot to you.  There is an iris club in Sioux Falls, which is an affiliate of American Iris Society. If you are anywhere near there they would be overjoyed to welcome you, too.  Signing on to iris-talk is a great way to learn about iris culture, all aspects of it.  Welcome to the list.
P.S.  E-mail me privately if you want some more local information, or about rhizome sharing, etc.

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
e-mail  koekkoek@mtcnet.net