Re: CULT: Letting plant go to seed

I read with interest the discussions of planting Iris seeds.  I had been
planning on only doing tubor division so as to ensure getting the same variety
instead of a possible cross.  Then I thought it might be fun to try some seeds
and see what happens.  Then I wondered if letting the plant go to seed might
hinder the tubor growth.  On many plants they suggest cutting the flower heads
off immediately after bloom so as to increase the vigor and additional blooming
of the plant.  Does this apply to irises too?

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/974495755/