REb: Bountiful Harvest

Well, I got ONE rebloom here in NJ, and I just had to brag about it.
It was Bountiful Harvest, 4 blooms on one stalk, very pretty ruffled
plicata, on a rhizome I bought from Sutton in July,and it rebloomed
in Sept/Oct. I was not sure I should leave it like that, blooming
after the shock of leaving sunny California, and landing in the rocky
Northwoods of New Jersey, but hopefully it is none the worse for wear
and will be back next year.
But... I'm used to alot of iris no-bloomers, so I understand if it
needs some time off to rest in the Spring.
Who knows?
We'll see..
Last year I had Superstition actually bud up in the fall,(but the
frost got it before it could bloom)

Laetitia

PS Anyone have any ideas why an iris would come up,beautiful and big,
and have no flowers AT ALL in the Spring? I don't know if this is to
be expected or not. Do you experienced iris growers get blooms every
spring on most established stuff? (basically I'm a newbie at this)
This summer they got an extra dose of phosphate fertilizer and some
lime (very acidic soil here in the Northwoods of NJ)
I am hoping next spring will show some results from the extra care.
L.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/974509407/