  When I lived in NC,  I had a friend bring a vase
> to work with an iris the size of a basketball,  it was the most
> gorgeous thing Id ever seen.  I look forward to learning from you.
> Brad VanMeter

	Brad, the iris that was the size of a basketball was probably a
Japanese.  Many can get very large and are the 'dinner plate'
variety.  I am not sure of the growth abilities of Japanese irises in
SD. See what Arnold says about how they grow in NW IA.  I know
they would be happy in NC, where you saw such a huge one.

     Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8