Re: OT-BIO: Jody Nolin

--- In iris-talk@egroups.com, "wendy sargeant" <wendon@d...> wrote:

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome.  It's about the only warm
thing around today.
I should have said that I'm in central Ohio.  Been here about 5 years.
We're supposedly zone 5, but we in the city and end up more like zone
6.  I've had good luck overwintering things that shouldn't.
I love to email my friends in NH when the daffs here open 3 weeks
before theirs.
I've been swaping plants and seeds on Gardenweb for 4 years, which is
lots of fun.  I'm always up of an iris trade, even if I have to till
another section of lawn! :-)
Two years ago we were lucky enough to go to NZ, but missed their iris
convention by 3 weeks.  Ignorance on my part, I'm afraid.  We did get
to a couple of commercial nurseries.  It was astounding to be in a
country were everyone gardens.
One of these days, when the frequent flier miles pile up again, we'll
get to Oz.
Thanks again!