Re: RE: Cult: deepening pinks

In a message dated 11/18/00 8:42:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

<< I have grown ONE DESIRE in three different gardens/ climates,
 and it never fails, whereas the other two were difficult and flowered
 on very short stalks, and then withered away.

      OD is a medium pink of rather tailored form.  The other two had
 a deep saturation of pink.   >>
Walter,
     Thanks so much for your input...since ONE DESIRE is a rebloom carrier, I
was leaning toward thatone, so it's good to hear it lives well...and since it
doesn't have the deeper saturation I want, I was hoping to use DIRECT FLIGHT
with it, then CORAL CHARMER which may not have that depth but is a fabulous
rebloomer here.   Interresting to see the other two good reblooming pinks,
PINKNESS and PINK ATTRACTION both have VANITY in their background.    Most
pinks I find so washed out...would crossing to reds help with depth of color?

Janet Natale
zone 8 of Sc, getting unseasonable cold for us, to 25 degrees two evenings
this week???   At least it brought rain too, we needed that.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/974707576/