Re: RE: Cult: deepening pinks

   Interresting to see the
> other two good reblooming pinks, PINKNESS and PINK ATTRACTION both
> have VANITY in their background.    Most pinks I find so washed
> out...would crossing to reds help with depth of color?
>

> Janet Natale
> zone 8 of Sc

If you have plenty of space to experiment, try red and pink and see
what happens.  I have never made such a cross.  Check some
Ghio parentages and see what is in the mix.  Have you considered
a lavender or lavender pink to cross with your pinks?  Maybe
RUFFLED GODDESS or ANXIOUS if you want a rebloomer?  Look
at some of Ernst's darker pinks, too.  Cross a pink self to Hager's
POEM OF ECSTASY or  CHASING RAINBOWS.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/0/_/486170/_/974726800/