Re: Re: CULT: Letting plant go to seed

Colleen writes:
>Barry Blyth told me years ago never to let a plant set pod if it
>wasstruggling. Certainly there have been times when my desire to get
>offspring has taken over. I've got one or two pods and lost the plant.

I have a MIND READER X PEBBLE FRESH (1 pod) and I'm taking the risk of
losing the plant, but will remove the pod at 10 weeks, and let it ripen off
the plant.
Also FANCY WOMAN X HOT SEAT (SDB plicata) with the plant looking very sick,
because it is in a small pot, with a poor root system. I can afford to lose
this plant as I have more of the same.

I agree with Rosalie. It is not worth waiting for bee pods, when you have
seeds of known parentage. I like to clean up the stalks and dead leaves as
soon as possible, and these become an annoyance.
However, I have 1 pod on POWER SURGE, which I think I crossed with STORMY
CIRCLE (SDB plicata) and forgot to mark. I will most likely keep this and
grow the seeds.

I won't have a lot of seeds to plant this year, so 1 more pod won't get in
the way.
Cheers, Jan