Re: Re: CULT: Letting plant go to seed

>Does that make sense? Or not? Jump in and lets have opinions.

Of course it does! See my other posting.

>Also! Why bother to nurture a seedpod when you can make your own by
>hybridizing two irises that you admire - Sometime in the past I heard
>Sterling Innerst give a talk on  this - it was very convincing that it >was
>a waste of time, energy, and above all space, to  bother with >seedpods.

Sometimes a beepod on a particularly good cv will throw something of
interest, or it might be one of your own pods you have forgotten to mark.
Mostly, I don't think it is worth bothering, although I grew some of the
SKYHOOKS ones I had last year, as I have never grown SA's from seed before.

>I'd better give up science and philosophy and do some housework! Ugh!

Don't be rediculous Rosalie. Your brand of philosophy has a certain
endearing appeal. Housework is so dull!
Cheers, Jan