Re: HYB: deepening pinks

Anybody have any experience with MAGICAL ENCOUNTER (Schreiners' 1999)
pink rebloomer?  I saw this as a seedling at Phil Williams' in Tennessee
a few years ago (USDA zone 7?) and the pink color was really (!) strong,
plus it seemed to be growing well there.  The form was nothing to write
home about (kinda floppy as I recall).

Not sure what you folks mean by 'darker' pink, but this one had a lot of
color saturation - much 'pinker' than most pinks I've seen, which tend
to be a bit washed out in 90o spring temps.  If you are looking for
pinks that are southeastern tolerant rather than cold tolerant.

PINK DESIGN (Spoon) bloomed for me last spring and has good strong pink
color too.  Also not the best form - this one too 'tight' as opposed to
the open floppy form of MAGICAL ENCOUNTER.  Maybe we need some crosses
between the two?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8