Re: HYB: deepening pink

  Or could you get a deep pink by
> crossing cultivars with a lot of some other pigment but with light
> pink/yellow in the background?  I have a vague memory that the
> different pigments don't even occur in the same part of the cells, in
> which case 'deepness' of one color shouldn't have any effect on
> another, except thru combination of the two.
> Linda Man east Tenneessee USA zone 7/8

	With pink in the background on both sides, I think you can get a recessive
pink, but I wouldn't venture a guess on how dark it would be.

     Linda, I thought you had grown OVATION, PINK PUSSYCAT,
and STANDING OVATION already.  PP was a little taller than its
sister O, but none of the trio exists in my garden today.  They have
been gathered for the Master's bouquet.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8