Re: CULT: Cold nights/rebloom-out

In a message dated 11/21/00 6:50:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
BigAlligator@aol.com writes:

<< The Tall Bearded Iris BILLIONAIRE is now blooming, but I have it
 inside for the second consecutive night because of freezing temperatures.
 Well, one advantage to growing Irises in pots... >>
    I know what you mean, pulled in WINESAP, BELVI QUEEN (still finishing up
two buds), and CORAL CHARMER in hopes their stalks with buds will progress
for a few days ...expecting near freezing here in SC tomorrow night too, only
up to a low of 48 on Saturday night.
    BTW, after raving about how great a rebloomer CORAL CHARMER is, I have to
note that I'm getting very low budded stalks on four of the five rz in a pot,
which is a little too close to bloom-out for me...although one of the rz
trying to "bud up" also has two tiny fan increases on the side.   Is this
considered bloom-out for a rebloomer?   I'm thinking that maybe those tiny rz
would be big enough to bloom by next fall, but I'd miss spring bloom.  Any

Janet Natale
zone 8 of Sc, which I may remind mother nature ISN'T supposed to get this