Re: CULT: Growing Japanese Irises in Pots?

I saw here recently that some Japanese Irises have flowers as big as dinner
plates.  That got me excited to plant some.  So last night I read my trusty Iris
book and discovered that they need to grow in a bog or swamp type of conditions.
I don't have that here in north Texas so was wondering if they can be grown
successfully in pots.  Has anyone had good blooms that way?  Also where is a
good source for purchasing some of them?  I really like the looks of those that
are all white and have the large round falls.  They look like giant gardenias.

Thanks.

Tom, near Dallas, TX USA zone 7.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/974906559/